Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 153rd day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions to date on Tuesday, July 26.
Get the most recent updates right here.
- Russian air assaults have intensified within the Donetsk area, officers mentioned, hitting the cities of Bakhmut, Kramatorsk, Chasiv Yar, Sloviansk and Kostyantynivka, in addition to surrounding villages.
- Rescuers proceed to look beneath the rubble for 3 extra survivors in an arts and leisure centre in Chuhuiv, 40 kilometres (25 miles) southeast of Kharkiv, after Russian troops fired at the very least 10 rockets have been fired on the city.
- The UK has mentioned there was “no indication” a Ukrainian warship and a inventory of anti-ship missiles have been on the dockside in Odesa port on Sunday after Russia earlier mentioned it had destroyed these targets with high-precision missiles.
- A South Carolina man serving as a medic within the Ukrainian navy was recognized by his commanding officer over the weekend as certainly one of two United States residents killed in motion final week.
- Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan mentioned Ankara expects Kyiv and Moscow to uphold their commitments beneath a deal they signed on the export of Ukrainian grains.
- Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei met Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Kyiv on Monday, turning into the primary Latin American president to make the journey to Ukraine.
- Moscow might attempt to skew the forthcoming Italian nationwide election by spreading faux information on social media to favour pro-Russian events, the pinnacle of Italy’s centre-left Democratic Get together Enrico Letta has mentioned.
- The Eurovision contest, the world’s largest dwell music occasion, goes to be hosted by the UK on behalf of Ukraine subsequent yr because of security considerations, the European Broadcasting Union has mentioned.
- Russian vitality large Gazprom mentioned fuel flows to Europe by way of the Nord Stream 1 pipeline will likely be slashed to twenty p.c from Wednesday because of upkeep points.
- Power ministers from European Union nations will meet on Tuesday and are anticipated to approve a weakened emergency proposal to curb their fuel calls for, with opt-outs permitting some nations to observe totally different paths to organize for Russian provide cuts.
- The Czech Republic’s fuel shops are 80 p.c full, Prime Minister Petr Fiala has mentioned, because the nation and different EU member states proceed to spice up storage to guard towards dangers of a halt to Russian provides.