Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 144th day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions to date on Sunday, July 17.
Get the newest updates right here.
- Russia’s defence ministry mentioned its plane had shot down a Ukrainian MI-17 helicopter close to the jap city of Sloviansk and an SU-25 plane within the Kharkiv area.
- The Russian military additionally mentioned its long-range air-based missiles had destroyed a depot in an industrial zone of Odesa, southern Ukraine, that saved Harpoon anti-ship missiles delivered to Ukraine by NATO nations.
- Russia is reinforcing its defensive positions throughout the areas it occupies in southern Ukraine, the British defence ministry mentioned.
- On Sunday, extra Russian missiles struck industrial amenities within the strategic southern metropolis of Mykolaiv, a key shipbuilding centre within the estuary of the Southern Bug river, native officers mentioned. There was no speedy details about casualties.
- A Russian missile strike hit the northeast Ukrainian city of Chuhuiv within the Kharkiv area, killing three individuals, together with a 70-year-old lady, and wounding three extra, the regional governor mentioned on Saturday.
- Russian-backed separatists mentioned Ukraine had hit the city of Alchevsk, east of Sloviansk, with six United States-made excessive mobility artillery rocket system (HIMARS) rockets on Saturday. The self-styled Luhansk Individuals’s Republic mentioned the strikes had killed two civilians.
- The Ukraine conflict exhibits that the West’s dominance is coming to an finish as China rises to superpower standing in partnership with Russia at one of the crucial important inflection factors in centuries, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair mentioned.
- Finance chiefs from the Group of 20 bloc of countries pledged on Saturday to deal with international meals insecurity and rising debt, however remained divided over member Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Gazprom’s gasoline transit to Europe by way of Ukraine was steady on Sunday.